The IL78LXX, A Series of positive voltage regulators are inexpensive, easy-to-use devices suitable for a multitude of applications that require a regulated supply of up to 100 mA. These regulators feature internal current limiting and thermal shutdown making them remarkably rugged. No external components are required with the IL78LXX devices in many applications. These devices offer a substantial performance advantage over the traditional zener diode-resistor combination, as output impedance and quiescent current are substantially reduced.
• Wide Range of Available, Fixed Output Voltages
• Low Cost
• Internal Short Circuit Current Limiting
• Internal Thermal Overload Protection
• No External Components Required
• Complementary Negative Regulators Offered (IL79LXX Series)
• Available in either ±5% (AC) or ±10% (C) Selections