The AL8807AEV1, Figure 1, is a double sided evaluation board for the AL8807A step-down, or ‘buck’, LED driver with internal switch. The evaluation board is preset to drive 680mA into a single LED, or multiple LEDs, the maximum number of which depends on their total forward voltage drop and the supply voltage. (The maximum drive current of the AL8807A is 1000mA)
AL8807A DEVICE FEATURES
• Drives one or more series-connected LEDs
• LEDs up to 1000mA.
• Internal 36V switch.
• Wide input voltage: 6V to 36V.
• Inherent open circuit LED protection.
• Brightness control using DC.
• LED flashlights.
• High Power LED driving.
• Low-voltage halogen replacement LEDs.
• Automotive lighting.
• Illuminated signs.